Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Crawfish boil and lots of friends

It was a beautiful day saturday so what to do, what to do???  A crawfish boil with some great friends and family.  There was a chill in the air but not enough to dampen the fun.
                              No we didn't cook the baby, but isn't he cute sitting in the pot!

While waiting on the pot to boil, some tried their hand at pool.  I think we had a pool shark or two.

                                               Michael on the right watching his pots boil.




Potatoes, corn, mushrooms, sausage, and shrimp (for the few of us that don't eat crawfish).  Don't you love the crawfish table?
It was a great day.
Later

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Hello I have been busy

It's been awhile since I posted. I have been busy.  Let's see what I have done.
I love to crochet and I have made several things.
                                                              cowl
                                 neck scarf and 3 men's ties that I didn't take a picture of.

                                  dragon scale fingerless gloves.  I made 3 pair of these.
I am working on a dragonscale hooded poncho for my granddaughter now.  I have just started it and it's not far enough along to look like anything.  I will post a picture when I finish.

I have also been busy recovering the cornice boards and lambriquins in the living/dining area.
This is the fabric that I chose.  I liked that it had several colors but was clean and modern looking.  Right now I am using a teal blue but I wanted to be able to easily change to red or green.

                                            It's hard to see but this is the before picture.

 In the picture above the sconces are upside down.  We noticed this while cleaning up after finishing.  It took minutes to flip them.  LOL leave it to us to install something upside down.


                                  We also changed out the sconces and light over the table.
You can see the old light over table in this pic above.  I hated that light.
                                                               I love the new lights.
Here is a pic after we fixed the lights.


Did I ever tell you we took the mirror down behind the bed?  I hated that too.  LOL  Now it looks like a headboard.  I am thinking about adding a word or saying.  Dream?  Kiss me Goodnight?  Turn over, your snoring?  Just a thought.
Later

Friday, November 25, 2016

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

     We had a great meal Thanksgiving.  My daughter in law outdid herself.  She is a wonderful cook.
                     Brian fried the turkey and it was very good.  Would definately eat that again. (that's me sneaking a bite of ham with brown sugar glaze. mmmm)
The star of the day though was the dressing.  OMG, it was wonderful.  I could have eaten the whole pan.
Let me back up and show you some pictures of us watching Brian cook the turkey.
                                                       Then there was the pillow fights.
                              Someone couldn't get off their game long enough to talk to everyone.


Who me?
The dogs were lined up for their loving.
 Lori was happy that most of the cooking was done and she got to sit down and rest a minute.
Logan was looking for something.  Don't remember what, but he was looking.
Last year we were waiting on a blizzard, this year we were sitting outside enjoying the unseasonably warm weather.  It was a wonderful day.  I just wish that Mike and his family could have been here to enjoy it with us.
Later


Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It's chili cook off time and Happy Halloween!

Here at Katy lake they had a Halloween chili cook off.  I decided to make some chili and enter it.  We have some really good cooks here and I didn't think I had a chance at any of the prizes.
 We gathered at the clubhouse and first on the agenda was the doggy parade.  They were so cute in their costumes.
                                                         There was little Lobster Man!
                                       Being a little shy, is Wonder Woman, Scarlett.
Our little ballarina turned her head right when I took her picture.

               Here they all are lined up for their walk to the club house.  Aren't they cute.

                                         Here was the Peoples Choice Award winner, JoJo!
                                               Next on the agenda was the chili cook off.
                     The pots were lined up and samples of all the chili were given out.
                                          After sampling, everyone voted for their favorite.
First place went to Mary King.  I should have known because I smell her cooking everyday and let me tell you it smells  wonderful.  2nd place went to Carla Heer. and Guess who won 3rd.  yep me!

 Then it was time for everyone to get a big bowl of their favorite chili and chow down.
 It was a beautiful day to be outside and I think everyone had lots of fun and enjoyed the food.


Happy Halloween everyone!
Later

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Tragedy at Katy Lake

Yesterday around 6:00 pm there was an explosion and fire at one of the rv's in the resort.



The owner was badly burned and had to be air lifted to the nearest hospital.  Six people here onsite were injured trying to get him out.
Our resident hero, Dave was treated for smoke inhalation, burns and cuts trying to assist in getting him out.  Dave also assisted the fireman in locating and removing him.

                     

When you think how small the inside of an RV is, you wonder why they couldn't find him.  Smoke is a terrible thing.  Not only does it weaken you and destroy your lungs, your visibility is zero.  They could hear but not see someone less than 3 feet away.
                                                              This is the hot water heater.
                                                           This is the back of the refrigerator.





At this time, we are not sure what started the fire.  The hot water tank is under the refrigerator and that area looks like where it started.  I don't know why the microwave was removed.  I guess it could have caused the fire.  I wish I had pictures of all the heroes that helped and tried to help this man in need.  It is a brave thing indeed to run into a burning building.  My heart goes out to all that risk their lives everyday to help others.  Just a reminder that it's all in a days work for our brave firefighters and policeman.  Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

UPDATE:  Sat. evening
The fire department has determined that the fire originated at the refrigerator.  The owner is in ICU in serious condition.  
UPDATE:  Unfortunately the man did not survive.  Prayers to his family.