Saturday, April 5, 2014

I think it was a funnel cloud!

We had some rough weather last night and this morning when we got up and looked outside we knew we had our list for the day.
 It's hard to see but there are limbs everywhere.  The front yard, the back yard and the sides all looked the same.  But we were the lucky ones of the neighborhood.  The weathermen had been telling us all day to be on the look out for bad weather.  Well it arrived around 1:00 a.m.  The roar of the wind really did sound like a freight train.  I have never heard wind blow that hard.  We had a rug drying on a large cracker barrel type rocker on the back porch.  A 5x7 heavy rug.  It was draped over the rocker to dry. (dog and threw up on it)  Well it turned that big rocker upside down.  The porch was a mess. Still we didn't have any damage.  Just a lot of mess.
 This is what is left of a gazebo that my neighbor had tied down to concrete blocks (4 big heavy ones on each corner).  It picked it up and twisted it in a knot.  I don't know where the cover is.
 Here is one of the trees that broke and fell on a neighbors house.  Slight damage on the roof.

This neighbor wasn't as lucky.  This huge pine tree uprooted and fell on the house.  Limbs broke through the roof and into the living room.   A lot of structural damage on this one.  And its for sale.  LOL
This big oak tree was twisted and splintered.  We believe it was hit by lightning before the winds took it down. This was a very large tree.
Here they are cutting that big pine tree up and lifting it off the house.
Glad no one was injured. Well maybe Doug and I from walking around picking up tree limbs.  I am going to bed now.  I didn't sleep a wink last night and my body is telling me its time to sleep 
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!