Tuesday, November 3, 2015

One Doctor Appointment down!

Today I went to the endocrinologist.  My blood work was great.  My A1c was 6.2,  my good cholesterol was low and my bad cholesterol was a little high.  Everything else was within normal range.  I have been having some bouts of low blood sugar so she lowered one of my meds and changed it to a extended release and stopped the other.  To replace the one she stopped, I get Victoza, an injectable.  This is not an insulin, I don't need that.  But I am not sure what it is.  It lowers blood sugar but at a low dose, should stop my bouts of low blood sugar.  Last night it dropped to 57.  I don't like it when it does that.  Makes you feel like you are going down, like a one egg pudding.  I don't know what that means, but my mother said it all the time and it fits.  LOL  One of the side effects of this drug is weight loss.  I hope I get this side effect.  LOL  Another is nausea.  I hope I don't get that one, but I think that is why you get the weight loss.  Who wants to eat if they are nauseated all the time.  The nausea is suppose to only last a few days and stop as your body acclimates to the meds.
Tomorrow is doctor appointment number 2.  This time it's Doug's turn.  He sees his heart doctor.
I hope he gets as good a report as I did today.
Later


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!