Saturday, September 12, 2015

Traverse City, MI

                                   Our site at Holiday Park Campground in Traverse City, MI.
 This is a large campground on Silver Lake.  We are in the newer part of the CG.  All pull-throughs here.  All sites have full hookups.
                                               We took a ride up the Old Mission Peninsula.  I have to say that the cloud formations over the lake are beautiful.  Does it rain everyday here?  It doesn't last long but we had a few rain showers again today.

We had lunch at the Old Misssion Tavern.  The food was very good and the staff excellent.

Our first stop was the Hesler Log House.  Homes were not very big in the 1800's.
This is the Old Mission Lighthouse.  Looks more like a church and steeple until you take a close look.

                                        Just some shots in front of the lighthouse.
                                               We are getting closer to the top of the world.
                                                  Lots of grape fields on this peninsula.
                                    We had to do a little snooping to figure out what this was.
                                                 And this is Hops.  Aren't we smart?  LOL
We stopped at the Mission Table restaurant and brewery.  While walking around upstairs we found out it was suppose to be haunted.  While I was reading the article on the wall about the ghost of Genevive Stickney, the lady that had owned the home, Libbie was exploring rooms on her own.  I walked into the room she was in and she had a funny look on her face and said, "I think this place if haunted!  I just heard knocking in a closet."  That's when I told her about the article and that it was suppose to be haunted. (key music to "The Twilight Zone")  Go ahead hum it, I am.. dodo dodo dodo.  It just isn't the same in print.  http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=450798 is a link about
legend.

                                    Just more pictures of the cloud formations over the lake.


Hawthorne Winery tasting room.  I don't know much about wine.  I like a chardonnay and a riesling and that is about all.  They had a Cherry Splendor wine (which was sweet) that I liked and a new Auxerrois that is a mixture of chardonnay and pinot blanc.  I don't think mixture is the word but you get the idea.  I told you I knew very little about wine, just what I like and what I don't.  LOL
A good day...
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!