Sunday, July 19, 2015

Winding down our stay here

It's sad but our time here is coming to a close.  Texas might be glad for us to leave.  The rain follows us wherever we go.  Get ready Arkansas, here we come.
We had a nice shower again yesterday that culminated in a beautiful double rainbow.   I love rainbows.  They are so happy looking.  The outside rainbow didn't show up in this picture.

Today we went to an outdoor event and vendor show.  I had meant to take my camera but forgot it.  Probably was a good thing.  It was way too crowded to be carrying a camera and we had enough "stuff" to carry.  Meaning all the things we both bought.

Our first "find" was the grill mat.  I had never seen or heard of these.  You place them over the grate and cook away.  Nothing sticks to them and they are dish washer safe.  This keeps you from having to clean the grill all the time.  Just place this on the surface.  This will be especially handy when traveling and using the parks grills.  You don't have to scrub them or wonder what was cooked on them before you.  You even still have grill marks.

Next we purchased this gel seat cushion.  It was developed for mattresses for burn victims.  They prevent pressure points.  They seem to work.  Doug even sat on a pair of locking pliers and couldn't feel them.   How is that for a selling point.  I think this will help Doug while driving the RV.  His back and legs start hurting.  Since this prevents pressure points, hopefully it will ease that pain and make driving more comfortable for him.

Next we came across some natural jewelry cleaner.  I am a sucker for anything jewelry related.  It is safe for soft stones such as opal and pearls, gold and silver.

I also purchased these shoe cushions that will work in any shoe, even flip flops.  They massage your feet as you walk.  I am not as convinced that this was a great purchase.  I don't know how long they will last, but I was on a role by this time.


Last but not least, these mini pies were irresistible.  The hardest part was narrowing it down to two.
We got the buttermilk coconut pie and the berry bumble, which is a blackberry, blueberry strawberry pie.  This doesn't bode well for my blood sugar!

It was a good day,  everyone had a good time and we finished up eating at Aspen Creek Grill.
Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!