Saturday, May 16, 2015

Catching up again

It's becoming a habit to not post very often but I have to admit that not much has been going on to post.  We have just been playing with the baby and going to doctor appointments.  My legs are finally getting better but look horrible.

I went back to the Rheumatologist on Thursday and got the news that I indeed have RA and will need treatment.  The good news is that I don't have any damage in my joints at this point and starting treatment now should delay or prevent damage in the near future.  I will begin methotrexate this weekend.  I only have to take 1 pill a week.  I will also take folic acid because it will deplete that.  More pills! YUK  I will also have to go back to the doctor for blood work in 6 weeks.  I do not know what this will do to our travel plans.  I don't know if we will delay our trip to Amarillo or go ahead and go and come back to Houston.  This is frustrating.  Doug also has a new doctors appointment.  His heart rate is way to high and his new GP doesn't like that.  He also has an irregular heartbeat.  They want him to see a cardiologist.  He sees this new doctor on Tuesday.  Hopefully, everything will be normal, but with our luck, he may need treatment also.  We are spending way too much time in the doctors office.  Is this the norm for aging?  I hope not.  I have other plans for our retirement and they don't include spending all my time in a doctors office.
I had some pictures I took on my new phone that I wanted to post but for some reason they didn't transfer to iCloud and I haven't been able to access them on my computer.  I guess I will  take a look at my phone and see what settings have changed.  Hopefully I can get this figured out and post
them.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!