Friday, October 10, 2014

Tucumcari NM

I am still trying to catch up on my blog.  The internet has been too slow to post pictures.
We stopped last night at Mountain Rd RV park in Tucumcari, NM.  This park is clean and the people were very nice.
                                                   This is my view of the surroundings.
A closer shot of the mountain across the highway.  It almost looks like a mountain on a mountain.
                                                 They have a "playground" in the back.
                            This is their horse corral.  I hope you don't have more than 1 small horse.
 We drove to Route 66 and took some pictures.  There were several murals around town. Notice the back of the car and motorcycle painted onto the garage doors.
                      We were told to eat at Del's for supper.  We were pleasantly surprised.
 This is the entrance to one of the two other campgrounds in town.  They are advertised as "historical".
 This is the other side of the driveway.  The sites didn't look to good.  I didn't drive any further in.

 This is the 2nd of the two "older" parks.  I think I like where we are better.
 I loved all the neon signs on everything.  At night they really looked good.  I felt like I was back in the 60's.
 I didn't go see what they were selling here, I just liked the building.
 This was a very large mural.  I couldn't get it all in one shot.  I should have tried a panoramic  but it was starting to rain.
And here we are now in Amarillo.  Since we have been here so many times I probably won't post anything from here unless something "different" comes along.  We are at the Oasis RV Park.  It's our second choice.  If you have read the blog before, you know we always stay at Fort Amarillo.  They were booked until Sunday because of people leaving the balloon fiesta.  We will move there on Sunday.  It is nicer here as far as site goes but we like Fort Amarillo because it is closer into town and it has larger trees to block some of the Amarillo WIND.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!