Monday, August 4, 2014

Tomorrow is our last day

This journey started 4 months ago and is coming to a close.  Tomorrow will be our last day here in the Houston area.  We will head home tuesday morning.  I have been in the motorhome so long I think of it as home and feel quite comfortable here.  But things change and it wouldn't be a treat to be in it if I lived in the motorhome all the time.  I don't know what route we will take home but I am sure that we will find adventure which ever way we go.  We have seen so many places and done so many things on this trip that I can't wait to plan another one.  In the meantime we have plenty waiting for us at "home".  There is no telling what the yard looks like and Doug has several doctor appointments that he has to go to.  I think we will be busy at home for a little while.
I think one of the most important things I have learned on this trip is that I don't need near as much "stuff" as I thought I did. I have gotten along quite well on 1/4 or less of my wardrobe, shoes and purses.  I haven't needed near the amount of kitchen gadgets that I own.  And I have only missed 1 that I didn't bring.  My blendtec. I ran off and left it and didn't miss it much in the cold weather but as it got warmer I have really missed my fruit smoothies.  I will definitely bring it on the next trip.  I have cleaned out some of my cabinets and closets in the motorhome.  I found that I don't really need 10 towels.  They take up too much room and 4 is fine for the two of us.  I wash almost daily anyway.  I narrowed down the sheets to 2 sets.  And last but not least, I have placed the extra bedding (for guests) and winter coats in space bags so that they take up less room in the closet and drawers.  When we get home I really need to do the same there.  I don't need a lot of stuff!  It's time to down size!  I have closets, drawers and cabinets that I haven't even opened in years.  I must not need the "stuff" that is in them.  I think I will have plenty to keep me busy while Doug runs to all his doctor appointments.  One more day, let's make the most of it!
Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!