Milk Chocolate Pie
1 cup sugar (you can use 3/4 cup if you want to cut the sugar down.)
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp of salt
2 T. cocoa
2 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs separated
2 T. butter
1 tsp vanilla
Mix sugar, flour, salt and cocoa together. Add milk then egg yolks. Mix together to blend egg yolks in mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Pour into a cooked pie crust. Beat egg whites with 1/4 tsp cream of tarter until firm and hold peaks. Whisk in 4 T sugar. Make sure you seal edges of pie with meringue. Bake in 350º oven for 15 min.
Hope you like it! ♥️
Doug took the window awning apart today. This is the one that was damaged by the blowout
Here is our check list of things that had or have to be done before we leave on the 8th.
- New tires √ I didn't like having the blowout. That wasn't any fun at all. With new tires maybe we are safe from that.
- Repair or replace passenger side HWH jack Jack has been removed and taken to a hydraulic shop but they were unable to take it apart. They called HWH for help and was told they could be rebuilt but wouldn't tell them how to do it. We have ordered a rebuilt jack from HWH. The price was $287 for rebuilt and $550 for a new one. Both come with a 1 yr warranty.
- Clean the carpet I am saving this for last
- Wash all linens and couch slip cover √
- Defrost and clean refrigerator √
- Repair awning over window √ well almost
If the weather is not too cool, we are heading to South Dakota and Wyoming then down to New Mexico.
Maybe I will get some pictures of the repairs as they are finished.