Friday, May 16, 2014

A easy do nothing day

Today was just one of those days where you just don't want to anything.  I had a headache when I woke up and I just couldn't get excited about doing anything I wanted or needed to do. I was going to do some cleaning but I would start and then get side tracked on something else.  Doug and Jim went off to find Camping World and have their own adventure.
So Buddy and I decided to go outside and sit in the shade and just watch the abundant amount of wildlife we seem to have.  We weren't outside 5 min. when the ducks came to visit.  Eight joined the group.  They groomed themselves and then took a nap.

 This one worked hard on his preening.  I think he was posing for me as he flapped his wings.

                                    They didn't seem to mind that Buddy and I were outside.

                                             A squirrel even came down to visit us.
 He was coming over until
he saw the ducks.  He didn't appear to be frightened of me or Buddy but when he saw the ducks coming toward him, he ran off.  Guess no one told him Buddy loves fresh squirrel.  LOL
Everywhere I looked there was some kind of animal.  Everyone was enjoying the wonderful weather.
 Look closely and you can see 2 people in a canoe.  Also note that the water level is way down today. That island in front of the bushes was underwater yesterday. You can really see it in the duck pictures.
                                                    There they go....
We may not have accomplished anything, but Buddy and I enjoyed ourselves anyway.

                                           oh, here are the grapefruit, they were VERY sour!  I don't know if it's just the type or if they weren't ripe enough but they were more like a lemon than a grapefruit.  Sure weren't Ruby Reds!  LOL
Later...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good way to spend a day!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!