Sunday, October 27, 2013

What we have been up to

Being home means work.  I think that is another reason I like to travel.  There are too many things that need to be done here at the house and it seems that you finish one and find another.
This garden space was for my rocks.  If you look closely you can see them on the left side of the picture.  We took them all up and just piled them there so that we could rework this garden.  It was a mess.  I didn't take a picture before we cleaned it out.  Grass had taken over and it was a huge mess!
After cleaning everything out, we leveled it as best we could and then brought in some sand.

We spread the sand and started laying pavers.  I couldn't wait to see how it was going to look.





We started putting sand between the pavers to see how it was going to look.  This is slow work.   We haven't finished yet.  We had planned on finishing yesterday but the weather didn't cooperate.  It rained!  I am hoping that this will be easier to keep looking nice, especially while we are gone for long periods of time.
We acquired a stray about a month or so ago and he is a mess.  He loves to play with the dog next door.
 Since it rained all day today he was inside.  I think he got bored.  I went into the bedroom and found this.  He had gone into the closet in the bathroom and got toliet paper and had himself a good time.  Note to self= Don't let Buddy get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!