Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Day at the Beach!

Libbie and I got up early (for me at least, I had to set an alarm) so that we would be at the beach around 9:30.  We wanted to beat the crowd.  More for a parking place than on the beach. LOL

We set up our newly acquired bright orange umbrella so that I would have shade.  We brought plenty of water, coke, lemonade and snacks.  We were set.


The sea gulls were hoping that we would share some of our bounty.

The best part of the day, I didn't get any pictures.  If I could have had a video of what happened, I know that we would have won "America's Funniest Videos"!  You know the pretty orange umbrella? Well the wind on the beach is a pretty constant.  I had it tilted so that the wind hit the top of the umbrella.  Well it seems that a gust got under it and lifted it off the ground.  I looked up just in time to see it flying my way.  I reached up and grabbed it and thankfully caught it before it went flying across the beach.  Good news, bad news... Good... I caught it.  Bad.... I caught it... LOL  When I caught it, the wind flipped it over so that it wanted to be airborne.  I pulled as hard as a could and it hit the sand but unfortunately, I did too.  I am laying on my back with my arms over my head holding a 7 foot umbrella as tight as I can.  With the wind still pulling it and me too old and let's say voluptuous (lol).  I couldn't move.  I couldn't get up, I couldn't roll over.  I was stuck.  Libbie was laying out in the sun and saw the commotion and rolled over to get up and couldn't.  She is on her hands and knees hollering, "I can't get up!"  Finally a young man came over and Libbie hollered for him to help her up first.  He obliged.  He then came over and took the umbrella from me and I got up.  We secured it a lot better the second time and it thankfully stayed put all day.  If we could have just filmed this fiasco we could surely have won the big bucks!  I'm screaming and laughing and Libbie is hollering "I can't get up".  We needed a life line!  I've fallen and I can't get up!!
What a day..... What a day!
Libbie and I are trying to decide if we want to parasail tomorrow.  I am afraid of heights and she is afraid of water.
hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!