Thursday, March 7, 2013

Playing fishing and just having fun!

I actually set an alarm this morning!  I wanted to make sure that I was up and ready in plenty of time to go see Ashlynn's music program.  It was so cute.  All the kids were dressed in cowboy hats, boots and western shirts.  They sang songs about Texas.  The kids did a great job and I am so glad that we were here to see it.
Lori checked Ashlynn out of school after the program and she came back to the RV park with us.  She wanted to go to the pond and fish.  Last year when we were here she caught a baby catfish and she wanted to catch some fish again.  This is a catch and release pond and the surprise this year was that they had put alot of goldfish and Koi in the pond.
It didn't take them long and they caught a fish.
A GOLDFISH!!!  Oh well it is a catch and release so I guess it doesn't matter what kind your catching. LOL
There were several ducks in the pond.  I thought they were trying to drown one of the ducks. Hmmm It was a female.  I didn't know.  It's not like I've seen mallard ducks procreate before.  I worried they were going to drown her.
Then she caught another fish!  We left the pond and went back to the MH.  By this time it was time to take Ashlynn home to do her homework and prepare for a spelling test tomorrow.  Lori had supper waiting on us.  I think I could get use to this.

2 comments:

  1. How fun to be there for her singing program and then STEAL her for the rest of the day! LOL Such are the rights of grandparents, they trump school attendance laws? HOOKY PROMOTERS!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me, in Texas if they are in school at least til 11 it counts as a whole day. The program started at 1:30 so I wasn't the only grandparent and parent that checked their student out. LOL Playing hooky with grandmother doesn't count anyway LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!