Monday, December 10, 2012

Today was Doug's last day at work!

Yep he is off the rest of the year. Doug will work one day next year and go on vacation til Jan 31st.  He goes in on the 31st and signs the paperwork for retirement.  I can't believe that he is done, through, kaput, finished!  I still have 53 days.  Bummer!
I am beginning to think I need to shorten that some, like maybe by 20 days.   I may need to think on that some.
Christmas will be here soon and I have just now started my shopping.  I have to be through by the end of the week.  I have gifts that will have to be mailed by thursday.  I guess I had better get busy.  I do love Amazon.com for shopping.  Order it and they will deliver! YEA!  Last year I did almost all of my shopping online.  This year I had some that had to be done locally but a majority of my gifts will be bought online and delivered out of town.  I love Amazon's wish list.  My boys and their wives can make a wish list and I just look and click.  How hard is that?  
 I am not buying as much this year as I usually do.  With retirement and just the economy in general, I have cut back.  I told the kids, I just hope they believed me.  If not, surprise!  I've told them not to buy us anything.  There really isn't anything that we want or need.  Just seeing them would be gift enough for me.  I just hope that I get to see them.  Life happens, and we don't always get what we want.  They both have their own lives, their own friends and seeing mom and dad isn't always at the top of the list.  And even when it is, life has a way of "getting in the way".  That's ok.  I was young once.  I remember how busy life can be.  Even though both of our sons live 10 hours from us,  I can see them when I want using Facetime.  Great invention.
I guess I have rattled long enough.  I have to work tomorrow.  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!