Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stop 2 Lebanon Tn

It was a beautiful drive today.  After a storm blew through last night the temp dropped 25 degrees.  By the time we get to the mountains it might be snowing!
We made it to our campground early enough to go into Lebanon to take alook around.  This quaint little town is known for its antique shops.  It is suppose to be the Antique capital of Tn.   Downtown is a square and all the shops had been turned into some sort of antique store or little knick knack store.
These rock looking things were civil war bullets.  They were very heavy.  Some were still recognizable as bullets but most just looked like round rocks with a blunt end.  The weight of them is what really surprised me.
After walking the square we made a quick stop at Walmart and then went to eat.  The locals had recommended Demos'.  It is a Steak and Spaghetti House.  I never would have come up with that combination.  They are well known in the area for their food and excellent service.  I must say that I agree with the recommendation.  It was delicious!  I had the lasagne, Libbie and Jim had spaghetti and Doug ate steak, of course.
We look forward to arriving at Pigeon Forge tomorrow.  We can't decide what to do first.  I have tried to vote down the hot air balloon ride.   Doesn't sound fun to me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!