Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sittin at home on a holiday weekend!

Well Doug got called out to work.  Last I heard from him this morning he was headed towards New Orleans now.  He left saturday morning early.  They were suppose to go to Baton Rouge but have since been moved twice.  He spent last night in Hattiesburg, MS.
  We wound up getting almost 9 inches of rain here.  There were several streets flooded.  I had to cross a flooded creek to get home.  I have never seen this particular creek that bad.  They closed the road right after I got through it.  I know I shouldn't have crossed it.  but I  watched two other cars make it and so I just plodded on.  I wish I had my camera with me.
  Doug left his tractor up close to the house and didn't get it put back in the barn before he left.  When I got home the flashers were flashing away.  I went out and turned them off and not two hours later they were flashing again.  I had thought maybe a cat had walked across the buttons and turned it on, but no, I guess it didn't like all that rain either.  I had to go out and turn it off two more times last night and when I got up this morning they were flashing again.  I called my brother-in-law and he came over and disconnected the battery.  Thats one way to stop it.  We had so much rain that the bucket on the front was completely full of water!  Thats a lot of rain.

  I am about to make our reservations for the Pigeon Forge trip in October, let's hope that the weather doesn't put a damper on that trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!