Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Good, the bad and the Ugly!

I have had all three this week.  It started off as a good week but Monday evening Doug and I got food poisoning and it went downhill from there.  That was not a good experience.  We both missed work on Tuesday. We had others things pressing. (OK that was bad) We were both so weak that wednesday and thursday were both worthless.  We didn't feel like doing anything.  Friday we felt better so we went out to dinner with some friends and had a nice visit with them at the house afterwards.
This morning we got up and worked in the yard.  Doug had a tree cut last week and the trunk was still standing like a toothpick stuck in the yard.  We got that cut down and drug to the back yard burn pile.  Of course there is no telling when we will be able to burn it.  We have burn bans because it has been so dry.  Even fireworks for  July 4th are cancelled.  It is so dry here the trees are fighting over the dogs!
We really do need some rain here. All the ponds are drying up, my flowers are slowly withering away. I had a few that didn't make it while we were gone to Amarillo.  Only good thing is the yard doesn't need mowing. Of course the grass is just about all dead.  Nothing looks good around here.  Come on RAIN!
Tonight after supper we went to Lowe's and bought a whiskey barrel to plant flowers in and put where the tree was.  I know this is something else that I will have to water.  I plan on putting some sweet potato vines and geraniums in it.  I will take a pic when its finished.  If all goes well I will have it finished tomorrow afternoon.

I realized today that we don't have anymore trips scheduled.  This is just depressing.  I have no more vacation.  The only holiday is the 4th and that falls on a Wednesday so we can't go anywhere.  It seems that the next time that we can schedule a trip will be in September for labor day.  That is just too far away.  I am going to have to come up with a weekend trip that is close by. I will go into withdrawal from not being in the motorhome.  Cant do that!
I have family members that are at the lake this week (and last).  Seeing her pictures on facebook reminded me of the great times we had taking the boys.  I sure do miss those days.  We started out with a popup (that lasted one 2 week trip).  I told Doug if we were going to continue this camping stuff (I had never camped in my life til Doug talked me into taking the boys) we had to have better accommodations.  We bought a used 35' Terry TT.
Then Doug gave in and sold his fishing boat. (We looked like Vietnamese boat people because we had so many kids on board) We bought a ski boat and made some great memories.  After the boys were grown and gone it just wasn't the same going to the lake.  We sold the boat because all we did was ride around in it.  We had no kids and toys to pull.  We haven't been to the lake since.  I miss those days.
Seeing her pictures today brought it all back.  Those were some great times!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness on the food poisoning! That really drains a lot of energy and just leaves you wasted. I feel for you guys.. hope all is on the upswing now and you are doing better!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!